Creating and Editing Client Files
The Client File screen allows you to put all the information you need about your client
in one place. To access this screen, click Create a new client record
from the Client Report screen.
- Primary Information: Fill in the client's first &
last name and birthdate.
- If you want to communicate with your client from within
GlobeAdvisor, fill in their email address as well.
- To enter more detailed information (e.g., home
address, employment, spouse and dependant information), click View
Note: If you want to create tuition
plans for this client's dependants, you must fill in their
information on the expanded form.
- To prevent your assistants from viewing
or editing this client file, click the CONFIDENTIAL
box in Primary Information.
- Login Information
- If you are creating a new client file, you can assign this client a
Username and Password. This will allow them to sign on and view (but not change) their
Note: If you don't assign a client name, one will be assigned
automatically (something like $CLI$0000123).
- If this client already has a portfolio saved in GlobeFund or GlobeInvestor,
check the Existing User box below and enter the client's existing username and password.
Clients will be able to sign on and view their portfolios within GlobeAdvisor, but will
not be able to make changes.
- To allow your client to edit portfolios you have created for them, deselect
the Read-only access box.
Once you have created a client file and set up one or more
portfolios, you should tell your client
how to log in and view their information. Click here for some suggested text
which you can include in an e-mail to your client.
Note: When you select a client on this screen, all Portfolios, Plans
or Presentations you create from this
point will be applied to that client, until you select a new client or log out of
When you have finished filling in the form, click Save
Profile to save this client file and return to the Client